Friday 31 August 2012

Feeling Feline

My friend and I spent our Thursday evening in a less usual way. We attended an open-air cat film festival, where volunteers submitted and organised videos, that were projected on to a screen outside. Brilliant. To my understanding this was the first kitty festival in Finland, at least. More, more I say! If it isn't clear by now, I am a huge kitty fan and therefore couldn't believe my ears when I heard about it. I can haz film festival?!

Not only was the whole cat thing cool, but the fact that a cool DJ was playing music throughout the night   in the ugly-pretty surroundings was brill! Kalasatama is mostly building sites, rubble and graffiti-covered concrete plains with boats etc. just crumbling down in to the sea. It's a slight shame to see so many neglected things there, but I must say, they look kind of cool at the same time. Helsinki's East-side ghetto is just getting cooler and cooler in my eyes!


   





My bedtime is long-gone now.

No comments: