Monday 3 September 2012

Clothes and Thoughts

 

Cheerio!
Here's an outfit post from Sunday afternoon, when I went to have a cup of tea with my super friend. Despite the cloudy weather, we were bubbling away on the terrace without a clue of the time - a real no-no when you have a history quiz the next day.. Anyway, two newcomers joined the jungle of my wardrobe: a pair of blue, thick jersey trousers and this silver ring. (Which got the response of "quite bondage" when I got home.) 
The trousers I welcome with open arms, as they're comfortable as anything, but don't resemble wintery under-armour too much due to the seaming and zippers along the waist. 

Yesterday evening I was doing my arts homework, which was to plan a studio work relating to our chosen theme. I was thinking about 21st century femininity and how women are supposed to act today. In the past, women's roles have always been clearly defined, but now, when every rule has been rebelled against, are we really able to choose what we would like to be? It brought to my mind a video I saw on youtube, where a young woman was talking about how she would like to go back in time and be the "ideal wife" with a bread-winning husband. She received some pretty harsh response - mostly from women. It made me question: Are we really free to be whatever we'd like to be?