Monday 6 August 2012

City Is My Church

Bonsoir and a good Sunday to all!
I have had a brilliant weekend with my friends sailing through the city I know best - Helsinki. I feel like it had been too long since I'd walked THESE streets and felt THIS city, so the Kallio Block Party was just the ticket for me! I didn't seem to be the only one up for celebrating the bohemian part of town, though. The main street of Kallio was heaving with people looking more and more eccentric and I loved it. If there's one thing I love the most in Helsinki's block parties, it's observing people and their outfits. Unfortunately I was too much of a a squid to remember my camera as I left, so all you can do is trust me and let your imagination run wild.
Today I went on a walk to soak up this beautiful natural light. Ah, I'm a sucker for crisp and gentle sunlight! On my way back I couldn't help but take a few pictures with my (poor) phone camera, in attempt to give some sort of an idea about what I mean with this light thing. Below are pictures of what I wore yesterday and of my Sunday stroll. As an added treat, I've added pictures from Friday evening's Asian feast, made with love by myself and my friend, Eero. I do have to apologize for the somewhat awful quality of these pictures.

top: Mango
trousers: Monki
shoes: Office
headphones: Wesc
golden cuff: vintage



Our shrimp miso ramen, dumplings and fried sesame seed tofu rocked my world.





Let's have a great week.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello from Boston :)
Cool shoes and pants! We used to have a Monki in NY, but I believe it was just a pop-up store since it only stayed there for a few monts. The food looks so delish!
I have been thinking to go interrailing to Europe with my friend but we don't actually know where we should go (besides London, Paris and Berlin ofc.)
Is Helsinki worth visiting?

RaeAbigael said...

love your outfit! love your style :))

visit my blog? http://raellarina.blogspot.com/
and if you like it, feel free to click that follow button pretty! ^^)

Milli said...

Thank you both!
Anonymous: Inter-railing around Europe is supercool, so good on you for organizing that! :D I'd say Helsinki would be a great pit stop if you were interested in modern design and down-to-earth culture. The only problem I find, is that its a place that needs time to be understood.. However, Stockholm and Copenhagen are both wonderful places I really recommend and are close to Helsinki. Best of luck with your trip! x

RaeAbigael: I'll gladly check your blog out, thanks! x

Anonymous said...

omg u are like carrie! u make helsinki look like new york with your writing :D and love your clothes!

Milli said...

Aw dear, you flatter me! Haha bless you x