Sunday 19 June 2011

Peace and Quiet



My absolute favourite of the bunch!
 Hello you!
Looking out of the window at this time of the year in Finland tells you just about nothing about what the time is. Ten in the night may as well be six o'clock in the evening for all the light can indicate. During the past few days I've woken up in the morning with the lovely bright light puoring in through the windows. I've walked through the house wondering, why is everyone sleeping... Turns out that no, it is not eleven o'clock, but five thirty.
Oh well I can't complain, since these are the times which I miss half of the year. I find this light oddly calming. It sounds silly, but when you live in the dark (literally) for two thirds of the year, simply the sizzling feeling of sun burning your back or waking up to see the sun up and shining can perform wonders.
Here are some of really lovely shots all wrapped with sunshine!

No comments: