Tuesday 17 May 2011

Glitz, Glam and School Assembly Halls

What a day! I underwent a huge adrenaline rush right in the morning when we held the traditional "9th Grade Gala" at school. This is a very informal and fun event, where students of the final year get the chance to pick fun of the teachers and school, perform music and DRESS UP :D I was a part of the organizing group, which meant that there was PLENTY to do until the very last minute. Since my main task was to come up with the music that would play while the awards were given out and when we walked in and out of the assembly hall, I really tried to find some banging music. The Strokes, Best Coast, Adam Tensta and Nicki Minaj all joined in the fun and really worked the event. Usually Nicki Minaj doesn't do it with me, since I tend to prefer more of the alternative/rock music, but when you have the right people, the right mood and the right place, "Check It Out" sounds fantastic.
I'd post pictures from the event in this post, but unfortunately I don't have the pictures. A few of my friends, however, agreed to take photos of the gala, so I'll post some of them as soon as I get them!

No comments: